cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network WiFi

daverfc81
Tuning in

Hi, seem to be having issues with my devices connected to WiFi. I have the Hub3 and 2 additional WiFi pods around the house. The issues I'm having are devices(mobile, firestick, ps5) are showing a strong WiFi connection but I have no Internet. I've restarted the hub several times, restarted the pods several times but to no avail. It works well when I'm in the same room as the hub but when I go to the kitchen I have a full WiFi signal but no Internet. My TV which is literally 3 feet away from the hub drops the Internet connection as well.

This has been happening for a while, pre pods and after installation of pods. Anyone any ideas without changing any technical settings? I've called the help desk but everytime they try and check anything they can't see anything wrong. 

7 REPLIES 7

g0akc
Problem sorter

I’m confused as you say it’s okay in same room as hub, but TV isn’t, 3 feet away. Is the TV in the same room?

Can you see which network the devices are trying to connect to?  Is it the one shown on the sticker on the hub?

It sounds like your devices are switching to a different network (SSID) when moving to another room.

Can you try a wired connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Mobile devices work fine in the living room, firestick connection in the tv drops. Sit on the network section on the firestick and watch it say connected then disconnected. 

I only have 1 network, the hub3 with the 2 additional pods. Wired connection with my laptop works fine.

Both pods are set up round the house and showing no lights(as they should be). 

“I only have 1 network, the hub3 with the 2 additional pods.”

so no other SSID (network names) showing when you choose the network on your mobile devices?

Try factory reset of the pods ?  Not sure how? Contact VM - sounds like something wrong with them

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Just the one network name in the house mate. 

I've factory reset the hub & pods several times as well. Will try the HD again but they've been about as much use as a chocolate teapot 😂

It sounds like when you go into another room your devices are switching to the nearest pod, but the pod itself doesn’t have a proper connection back to the hub, so it can’t relay the internet to the device….,

Ask the ‘helpdesk’ to reset the pods.

Or maybe a forum rep here can?

Are you paying extra for the pods?

I’d look at ditching them and getting a decent mesh system.

Hi daverfc81

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the WiFi Pod issues. Have checked the system today and they've been provisioned since your post. You've also got an upcoming tech visit - please let us know how this goes or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

So the engineer arrived and would you believe it, apparently the router was to close to the fish tank so its been moved. Let's see if it makes any difference