cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Awful at the moment

cheetah
Dialled in

There has been a problem in our Area for 2 weeks now if it is not the tv it is the internet 

Network issue
There's a network issue which maybe affecting your broadband service

What does this mean?

• This issue is caused by interference on the cabling coming into your home.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary.
  •  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_C
On our wavelength

I've been experiencing low upload speeds since last Saturday, download speed is fine so its not the hub that's not working.

According to the myvirginmedia account service checker thing there's an area outage (I get the same message as you), and the estimated fix time keeps moving across days. I don't see any engineers working on anything outside on the street, if it is cabling related on our road.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_C
On our wavelength

I've been experiencing low upload speeds since last Saturday, download speed is fine so its not the hub that's not working.

According to the myvirginmedia account service checker thing there's an area outage (I get the same message as you), and the estimated fix time keeps moving across days. I don't see any engineers working on anything outside on the street, if it is cabling related on our road.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cheetah

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the broadband issues. It does need a tech visit from the check done. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill