Menu
ofthenorthagain
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netgear R8000 Router

Hi,

I have just moved house and brought with me my R8000 router that worked fine at my previous house with the superhub set into modem mode.

I received a nice new superhub at my new home and set that to modem mode, which it appears to with no problems and I have a nice purple light.

However, the R8000 when connected does not pick up the internet and says it is disconnected.

I have changed the network cable between the router and the superhub, turned them on and off for 10-15 minutes, turned both of them back on in different orders, waited 20 minutes etc. factory reset superhub and R8000, but nothing seems to work.

When I installed the R8000 last year with my old superhub there were no issues and it worked straight away.

Any ideas?

The superhub works fine on its own.

J

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netgear R8000 Router

The instructions below were posted a while ago - try this and see if it works.

Turn off your router, remove from network Turn off Hub3 Turn on Hub3 (it’s in router mode), connect machine to Hub3 and switch to modem mode Turn off Hub3 and remove machine. Turn on your own router and wait until it is fully initialised (this is important) Connect the WAN port on your own router to the Hub3 Turn on the Hub3, you should now be ok

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It seems to be you only have to follow the above instructions once. If you have a power loss in the future, everything should come back ok. It’s to do with the initial registration of your own router’s MAC address with VM. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connect a PC to the modem mode port when in modem mode and that you have internet then copy the PC MAC to your Netgear R8000 WAN settings and connect your router in place of your PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ofthenorthagain
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everybody, will give the advice a try tomorrow or the weekend.

ofthenorthagain
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you worked a treat, must have been beginners luck first time I set it up.

0 Kudos