cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear Orbi RBK23 and VM Hub 3

Indieana85
Tuning in

Hey there, I wonder if someone can help - FYI I am not technical but with instructions can do most things...  I think...

We have a 200mb package with our virgin, and have been connected to our Orbi RBK23 3 unit system for over 2 years, however we never had better than 20mb download and 12mb upload speeds.

Our contract is up so were looking at moving, and one of the reasons I listed was the poor speeds.  The engineer had me disconnect the the Orbi and turn off the modem mode, and I was then getting 200+mb download direct through the VM Hub 3.

Before we leave VM, is it possible to get better/comparable speeds through the Orbi system?  Unfortunately our VM Hub is too far from the main rooms my wife and I work in hence our using the Orbi.  

FYI, in my study I got 70mb download speed through the Hub alone.

Any help, gratefully received...

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

What wired speeds do you get when connected to the Orbi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hey Gary, thanks for the question.

We never had a wired connection to the main Orbi unit as it was too far from my study.

The second unit was wired to my iMac and averaged 20mb downloads.

You need to test at the primary node to find where the issue lies. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

thanks Gary,

Just re-setting up the network (using this guide: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Best-way-to-connect-Orbi-50-to-Hub-3/td-p/4...) once it's up and running I'll order a new compatible cable to check.