cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix problem

heady6
Joining in

Hi

A few weeks ago Netflix stopped working properly on certain devices. We use netflix via the ps4, ipads and phones. Our main way of watching it is with the ipad though. Now, on the ipads, the netflix app loads, you can choose your profile etc, but as soon as you try and watch a show you get the spinning wheel. If you do the same series of events on the ps4 it works OK. The ps4 is wired to the hub, the ipad isnt. 

I've tried doing a factory reset on the hub, have called netflix and have attempted all the diagnostics, but with no success. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks for all of your replies 😀 really appreciated.

Yes, i live within the bristol radius.

Its not been working for about 1 month. Nothing changed at our end and then one day everyone in the house couldnt use netflix. Everything else, youtube, prime video, bbc all work. Just netflix. 

I've done factory reset of the hub, uninstalled and reinstalled netflix app from pad, made sure everything was up to date app, ios-wise.

Last night, having done nothing for a week or so as i'd run out of options, it all started working OK. No app updates etc. Which makes me think it must be with virgin. 

Thanks to everyone who has helped out.

sophist
Trouble shooter
Glad to hear it's working for you now - no such luck for me.. I have a workaround in place using the VPN, but it's not ideal - would be nice if VM could resolve properly..

So - I resolved this last night.. posting an update for anyone else that has the misfortune of being affected by this now or in the future... you may or may not (depending on what hardware you have) be able to do the same thing to fix it..

I exerted the only control i have over the Virgin Media network.. I forced my router to get a new WAN IP address.. annoying because I’ve had the last one for three years and I have some stuff hard coded with the old one - but a relatively small price to pay 😛

As soon as I had a new IP address, everything kicked in to life, so either there’s an access control list somewhere in the VM network that was block/dropping traffic from my old IP, or their internal dynamic routing protocols were misconfigured in some way.. either way, this is no longer an issue and everything is working as it should be.

Thanks for popping back tehwolf with how you resolved the Netflix problem and pleased to hear it's worked. Your post will surely help other members on here who may have the issue.

Regards,

Lisa

tehwolf - how did you force the router to take a new IP?  Can't seem to work that out.  The problem sounds exactly like ours though - we're Bristol too.

@Orangeredman wrote:

tehwolf - how did you force the router to take a new IP?  Can't seem to work that out.  The problem sounds exactly like ours though - we're Bristol too.

i will reply in your thread