Menu
farrol
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not working through Super Hub2ac WiFi

We can access our Netflix account through the VM TV box as this is from a direct cable link. However, when trying to access Netflix on alternative devices (Laptop, Amazon Fire Stick, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV etc.) using WiFi  we are unable to. There seems to be something blocking Netflix as our WiFi works perfectly for anything else.  

The problem is only when trying to stream Netflix on the WiFi. I have contacted VM technical support which then re-routed me to another contact center "Gadget Recovery" service which I believe is based in the US and they implied that they could "configure" something with my router to solve the issue but would costs £60 for their advice. 

I am sure that the problem is to do with the VM Superhub 2ac router and how it is configured but I am very disappointed that this is a problem in the first place but also that VM can't offer me a solution without a fee. 

Can anyone help me with this please? 

Many thanks 

Farrol. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working through Super Hub2ac WiFi

I have a 2ac hub and Netflix works fine through to my TV without using the Tivo.

Do you get an error message?

0 Kudos
farrol
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No message ...it just wont connect .It seems to want to stream but keeps scrolling and nothing happens . It works on any other wi fi system outside our home so it indicates  its a router  setting problem

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you have "Child Safe" enabled in your VM account - if so - try turning it off and see it that helps.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
farrol
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will do this evening when home and report back 

0 Kudos