cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix issue titles missing

xxooLJooxx
On our wavelength

Hello, 

I have seen this issue posted before but we are having issue with Netflix, some titles do not display when on virgin WiFi but on mobile data, other providers they show. Netflix have advised that this is due to a VPN issue with our network provider.. Virgin are blocking something.. Its not all titles, just a few but it isn't acceptable with the amount we pay Virgin monthly.. Please can this be looked into and resolved? Thank you very very much. 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any example titles?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

xxooLJooxx
On our wavelength

Hi,

Some Netflix titles are being blocked by Virgin. Spoke to Netflix, they have asked Virgin do the below please.. 

Please can someone from Virgin contact me on the below? This has been an issue for other customers also on here and I pay a lot for a service that is not working properly. 

Netflix is in my partners name and not mine please contact me first to discuss, phone lines are ridiculously busy. 

From Netflix - 

Ask your ISP to confirm your location and IP address.
If the info from fast.com does match the location and IP address assigned to your home, ask your ISP to contact us at netflix.com/contactus.If your ISP says your IP address does not match the one they’ve assigned to your home, ask your ISP to confirm that you are using their DNS server.
If yes, ask the ISP to contact Netflix at netflix.com/contactus.
If no, ask your ISP for help in switching to their DNS, and then restart the Netflix app and retry streaming.

Many Thanks

xxooLJooxx
On our wavelength

Today it's blocking Friends, Angel Falls Christmas and Harry & Megan (that I am aware of) it had a VPN error come up.

This is on all devices with our WiFi. Mobile data shows them on there but I don't have data to stream from my phone and its not the point.

Netflix have given me an example of steps for virgin to act upon, this has been added to a new post on here. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@xxooLJooxx wrote:

Netflix have advised that this is due to a VPN issue with our network provider.. Virgin are blocking something.. Its not all titles, just a few but it isn't acceptable with the amount we pay Virgin monthly.

So why is it not acceptable for the amount you pay Netflix monthly that the problem is with Netflix? you don't use a VPN so its a Netflix problem and this could happen to me why dose this happen you ask? your IP may have changed and you got a IP from a VPN hoper with Netflix to extra stuff then Netflix blocks the IP a bad way of doing it but likely what happened and then you get that IP. Or a new block of IP's is not registered as being in the UK which could be either VM or Netflix not updating the system.

Your option is to use modem mode and a router to get a new IP.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! 

I don't have a VPN Hopper though or anything like this to view blocked content, but thank you will try what you said if it happens again, appreciated. 

Hello xxooLJooxx.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues with Netflix.

How are things looking now?

Gareth_L