Menu
Pete0204
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix buffering

I have been having problems with my Netflix account for a number of weeks. I can watch around 15 minutes of any programme then it buffers at 25%, I get a network error, have to reload Netflix, and the whole rigmarole starts again. Please can someone help? This happens only on TiVo and no other device I watch Netflix on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix buffering

Hello Pete0204,

I am very sorry to hear that is happening, this is an issue that does happen from time to time, does a reboot help with this?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Pete0204
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It now happens every time we watch Netflix, sometimes if we reload the application it will fix the issue, but other times the issue will persist. Rebooting our TiVo box also doesn’t solve the issue. The error message often points to a network connectivity issue - the Netflix speed can be as low as 2MB when our WiFi is up at 70MB. What else can we do? It’s pretty frustrating! Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Pete0204 wrote:

It now happens every time we watch Netflix, sometimes if we reload the application it will fix the issue, but other times the issue will persist. Rebooting our TiVo box also doesn’t solve the issue. The error message often points to a network connectivity issue - the Netflix speed can be as low as 2MB when our WiFi is up at 70MB. What else can we do? It’s pretty frustrating! Thanks

Do you mean Tivo or is it a V6?  If a V6 - what you can do is connect it directly to the Hub by Cat5e/6a ethernet cable or by powerline adapters (if appropriate) rather than rely on a flaky wifi connection.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Pete0204
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is a TiVo box, but isn’t connected via Ethernet. Why would the WiFi show such slow speed (2MB) on TiVo and high speed (70MB) on other devices at the same time? Sounds like a TiVo issue...?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Pete0204 wrote:

It is a TiVo box, but isn’t connected via Ethernet. Why would the WiFi show such slow speed (2MB) on TiVo and high speed (70MB) on other devices at the same time? Sounds like a TiVo issue...?

The Tivo doesnt require connecting to the Hub (unless you want to share recordings with a V6) it gets its connection via the coax.  So if you are watching Netflix on a Tivo and its buffering - there may well be a network connection problem there.  Call the TV fault line and report it.

Or are you trying to watch netflix on a smart TV via its App independent of the Tivo?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Pete0204
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We’re watching Netflix via TiVo, not smart tv, so connection problem makes sense. We’ll try reporting as a fault! Thanks 

0 Kudos