cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix blocking shows due to vpn?

Rob52001
On our wavelength

Hi. Ive seen this problem on here a few times and now I’m experiencing it. 
Some Netflix shows are being blocked due to me using a vpn which i am not. Netflix advised talking to virgin which is basically impossible so has anyone had any success resolving this issue. 
Its definitely a wifi problem as it works fine on my phone with wifi turned off. 
Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Netflix is losing money and have staff constantly working on schemes to block people wrongly sharing logins or watching out of region shows. It changes day by day and there will inevitably be false positives.

Are you sure the shows that are blocked are genuinely available to a UK subscription? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Rob52001
On our wavelength

Also, it shows all shows in modem mode. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I'm sure one day this will happen to me...

Email Netflix say you cancel if they don't unblock your IP.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rob52001,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with Netflix.

What is it you're watching Netflix on?

Does it work via the TV?

Alex_Rm

Rob52001
On our wavelength

On TV.  It will only show all programmes in modem mode or on my phone in data mode with wifi switched off. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Rob52001,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this, can you please tell me if you have tried doing a pinhole reset on your Hub? To reverse any changed settings. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Rob52001
On our wavelength

Yes ive tried the pinhole reset and tried unplugging for a few minutes. 
I actually had all shows yesterday but today they are gone again. 

Hi @Rob52001

Thank you for coming back to us with an update.

I am going to send you a private message so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So VM can fix Netflix block? hmmm...
---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:
So VM can fix Netflix block? hmmm...

They can query geolocation problems if they really wanted to, like if the ip blocks are assigned incorrectly.  To me this sounds a lot like operator error and that might be why they took it private, someone else probably "helped" them at some point in the past by putting dns or vpn in place to help get better movies.  Course, that's my guess and I could be wrong.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.