Menu
Highlighted
Dawny70
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Netflix TiVo upstairs

Hi. I have been having trouble for months with watching Netflix upstairs. When you have been watching it for a few minutes it goes to a black screen then says this service is unavailable. I have reset the box and am able to watch it for about an hour then it freezes and it comes up with another unavailable message with error code W02. I have gone into settings and connected to virgin network and it sometimes says unavailable to connect to DCHP

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix TiVo upstairs

Sorry to hear that Dawny70,

How is the box connected is it via ethernet?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Dawny70
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi. No it’s wifi thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I see, Have you got our Virgin Media connect app? It is really good and can help find black-spots / potential issues with your WiFi network at home, I think this may be causing the connection issues you mention. If you can download that and carry out the test once completed it will highlight any potential issues and explain how to rectify them (this could mean boosters)

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Dawny70
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thank you.

I will look into that and get back to you. I cannot connect via Ethernet cable upstairs as the router is downstairs connected to the other box. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Please let me know how you get on 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I would say that that you have 3 options for improving the connection on the V6.

1) Ethernet cable connect it to the Hub - this is undoubtedly the best option and runs of 20/30/50 metres of Cat5e/6 cable are  cheap - just need to tuck it under carpets, etc.

2) Improve the wifi signal at its location - lots of discussion and suggestions of how to do that - on here

3) Connect the V6 to the Hub by good quality powerline adapters and short Cat6 cables (assuming your electric circuit connection is ok)

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dawny70
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi. What are good quality powerline adapters please. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-powerline-adapters-3490638/
https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-best-powerline-adaptors

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dawny70
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi joe. 

I have the connect app and I have done the tests it hasn’t found any connection problems with the WiFi 

0 Kudos