Menu
slainesco
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix / Amazon Prime Buffering Constantly While Using Ethernet

Good Evening

I have a few issues at the moment regarding buffering, I only watch TV via Amazon Prime & Netflix via an Amazon Fire TV Box using a newly replaced ethernet cable. Every 2 or 3 mins i get buffering on my screen then sometimes it just freezes completely and i have to reboot the Fire TV, this is the exact same set up i have upstairs and i use a powerline for the hard wire ethernet.

So it isn't the fire boxes or cables

Can anyone shed some light on this, i have 350mb broadband 

Thanks inadvance 

mark

0 Kudos
tonycv51
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix / Amazon Prime Buffering Constantly While Using Ethernet

Can you clarify do both fire tv’s buffer ?

Do you have a laptop you can plug into the Ethernet connection to run a speed test

Also if it’s connected by powerline do the powerline status lights ever go amber or red ?

0 Kudos
slainesco
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply

Yes both fire TV's buffer.

No power line status lights are fine.

I will connect a laptop but whats a good continuous speed test to run, as speedtest.net is only a temp time

thanks

0 Kudos
Tsar
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connect a laptop and run Netflix on it. If it works fine the issue is with the Fire TV boxes rather than the Virgin connection. Check these are using ethernet rather than wifi - also check the storage situation with the Fire TVs ie there is some free memory.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
slainesco
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

i will do that when im home. 

Regarding the space on Fire Tv then i run a minimum on it and clear cache etc every day

Thanks

~M

0 Kudos
slainesco
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just for some info, whats the best way to reboot your hub and use the pin to reset it as well

thanks

0 Kudos
tonycv51
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just use a pen in the reset at the back.  Make sure you've got the sticker on the bottom and pull out card to re connect assuming you've changed the default settings

As well as doing speed test and a streaming test on a laptop as suggested you could also setup a BQM to see what your connection looks like over 24 hours  If you need to post it back here make sure to exclude your IP address

I'm on 200 and across the house there are games, netflix, amazon, now tv and YouTube etc on multiple devices with no buffering (mostly wired unless via phone or tablet) 

0 Kudos