cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest thermostat

greenbackchap
Joining in

I have nest thermostat , its forever losing its connection with the heat link in the loft.  Just had my router replaced by VM . On running the VM connection app it varies between connected to all Internet using devices,  to wife interference,  to a weak signal , to an error code.  Its driving me insane some days its like a fitness regime to keep getting up to get both of the thermostat and heat link reconnected 

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

wife interference”

Well that’s a new one!

seriously - sounds like you need an additional AP, booster or whatever 

but do some WiFi housekeeping first - check for channels clashing with your neighbours (use an analyser app) try changing channels and so on.

splitting the bands (different SSID for 5GHz) may help?  Check if those devices use 5GHz at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi greenbackchap,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your Nest connection. 

Have you tried the advice from g0akc?

You can check for WiFi backspots around the home using our Connect App here

Alex_Rm