cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest doorbell going offline hub3

Racked-off
Tuning in

My nest doorbell worked perfectly for 2 years, then constantly dropping off line. 
Stays on at night sometimes then from 8am goes offline every 10minutes for 3 minutes.

Google /Nest believe it is a router issue. Tend to agree looking at other users posts.

Done a factory reset on doorbell/hub/ had hub replaced by virgin. Works for a bit then keeps going offline.

Logged into hub, lots of critical messages in network log. 
What have Virgin changed/updated.
Are the Hub3’s just rubbish?

Anyone got any the answer?

23 REPLIES 23

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"But for a price they can make the 2g signal more stable" they are talking utter rubbish.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

the gadget team could not punch their way out of a paper bag - ignore them is the best and only advice

the extender - i assume thats a pod is also a waste of time especially if they are charging you £5 a month for it as it needs the ssid's to be the same and smart wifi to be on so you are back where you started which is the doorbell drops off line

afaik and i think you confirm it works like all smart devices on the 2.4 band so go back to the hub and split the wifi bands - just rename one of them - no need to change the wifi password - that can be the same - then turn off smart wifi - channel optimisation or whatever its called - save al that and let the hub sort itself out

from there i assume you will have to set up the door bell to access the 2.4 network - if you can reset it do that and start again with its setup

see if that helps - forget gadget rescue and send the pod back if its costing you

if you still get problems then whist i would guess the hub is not faulty its not great on wifi - sort of spec you would buy from a local pound shop if they sold hubs - ok for many but not for the few

so if the above does not cure the problem you need to look at better wifi - a 3rd party hub - a mesh system - either would be better and again if VM are charging yo for the pod use the £5 a month charge for something that was never going to help to offset the cost of whatever you go for

Tony.
Sacked VIP

New update! Virgin suggested upgrade to Hub4, worth a go I thought. 
You guessed it, it still doesn’t work! 
So to prove a point I turned off the 5G signal, using only 2g for all my devices.

Guess what ALL the devices keep dropping out, exactly in the same way it does with the Nest Doorbell

Virgin your 2g network/router is not fit for purpose.
Look forward to the next move by Virgin

Hi Racked-off,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your connection. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and can see you've been able to arrange a technician visit.

Please let us know how this goes.

Alex_Rm