Menu
Zee1522
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Neighbours have VM why not me

Hi. 

Both my neighbour(left and right side) have VM fibre, why not me. My house has detached both sides with my neighbours but my house number is not on the list. Our lines are coming from the same junction box. 

When the engineer came to into my neighbour I asked him about my house and he said it's ready for VM. I have been calling VM for 3 weeks now filling the form almost every single day but getting the same generic reply, either we will call you or it may take 5 days of the engineer to contact me and it's been 3-week already.

Kindly do something about it. 

Thanks 

Zee

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours have VM why not me

So when you input your address into the "availability" checker - it comes up as not available? Could be for a number of reasons. It may be a mistake, if so a VM person should pick this you within a week or so and inform you. Or t may be correct - for any one of a number of reasons - e.g. the maximum number of subscribers are already connected on your infrastructure. There is no permission from the landowner to connect you. There is a physical block to laying the cable that is too expensive to circumvent. Etc, etc..

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zee1522
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The distance between my house and neighbour is only 2 metre. In total 12 houses on our street 

0 Kudos
Zee1522
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, update from VM it will take 18 months to put 1-metre cable. Sale team were absolutely unhelpful. Had a chat with my neighbours he said the sale team guy made an effort and add his address, I tried the same and they put me through billing team. Absolutely virgin sales team a JOKE

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zee1522

Thanks for messaging us. 

Can you give the sales team a call on  0800 183 1234 they will be able to check if it is serviceable and arrange for a spotter to come out to assess 

Kind Regards

Chris.  

0 Kudos
Zee1522
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply, I have been trying to get hold of spotter for the last 3 week through your sales team with no positive response. Sales team is more interested in selling mobile Sims than VM. 

Regards 

Zee 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zee. 

If a spotter has been requested then one would be sent, however we would only get back in touch if the services are available. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos