cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing a new wifi box

Carla_sambrook
Tuning in

I’m just wondering if anyone knows how to contact Virgin Media regarding getting a new Wifi box? 

I’ve tried calling them however it’s just an automated service with no option to get a new box and/or to talk to someone. 

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

by new wifi box i assume you mean a hub - they will not send one out unless they know yours is faulty or broken - so post some details and you will get help - poor wifi is not a reason to request a new box thats something that would need to be looked at and help offered

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Yeah, I need a new hub. It’s completely broken and won’t turn on at all, even after resetting and unplugging it etc. nightmare 😞 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Then call it in for quickest action - on 150 VM line (free) - or 0345 454 1111 others (national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Silly question but have you checked the fuse in the plug?

Hi, 

Yeah it’s nothing like that. My daughter poured liquid inside the box which has resulted it in being broken. I’m fine with paying the cost for a new one however, I’m unable to get through to talk to anyone. 

Thank you 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

There may be a £25 charge if VM aren't at fault just to let you know. It's generally dogs chewing cables on here. 

Hi @Carla_sambrook

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your broken Hub, I am so sorry to hear your daughter accidentally poured liquid inside the box. Oops! I would be happy to arrange for a technician to come and replace the faulty Hub, however as the Hub has been damaged there will be a £25 call out fee.

I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required and we will get the appointment booked in.

Best wishes,

Serena