Menu
nubster
Tuning in
Message 11 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to reset router every day

Thanks John - I have set up that monitor (didn't know they existed!).

Pretty sure it is not just a wifi problem as the ps4 drops out too, which is connected via ethernet.

0 Kudos
rosh_118
Joining in
Message 12 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Have you resolved this issue?  I've been having the same problem everyday since October and VM keep fobbing me off with excuses about peak time traffic.  

0 Kudos
nubster
Tuning in
Message 13 of 145
Flag for a moderator

No this hasn't been resolved. The engineer came and swapped a cable over and said the readings were much better. Within 24 hours the broadband was dropping a couple of times a day. Sadly I have had to resign myself to the fact that Virgin Broadband is rubbish.

0 Kudos
rosh_118
Joining in
Message 14 of 145
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to my neighbours and they've not been having the same problem.  I've had the new hub and new wires, therefore I can only assume it's the cabling that runs into the house that has a fault. Have you had someone check this out?  I've got another engineer's visit on Saturday...unfortunately everyone at VM seems to ignore the ongoing problem once the connection is live again after a reset.  

0 Kudos
nubster
Tuning in
Message 15 of 145
Flag for a moderator

A small portion of cabling was replaced (from the wall to the router) but not the entire length.

To be honest, I get fed up going through the same issues with them. If I didn't have a Virgin email address (that is non-transferable) I would be off.

0 Kudos
rosh_118
Joining in
Message 16 of 145
Flag for a moderator

I hear you - unfortunately no one else but Virgin can provide us fibre where we are, so we're stuck with the fight.  Would love to switch back to plusnet. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 145
Flag for a moderator

May be time to set up a BQM at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal coming into the property, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
rosh_118
Joining in
Message 18 of 145
Flag for a moderator

I set one up a few weeks ago - hopefully the link below works.

Https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/921811852796fbf0b6501e38de523b2b043c6ff1

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 145
Flag for a moderator

Is that a reboot showing red at 08:45 or a dropped connection?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
rosh_118
Joining in
Message 20 of 145
Flag for a moderator

It dropped out around 10:30 last night and I had to reboot at 8:45 this morning.  

If you look back at the previous days you can see the latency has some spikes.  

0 Kudos