cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to reset router every day

nubster
Tuning in

Been with Virgin media since time began and always been a big advocate. The main reason I've stuck with Virgin is the fact that my @ntlworld.com email address is the only email address I have ever had and the hassle to change is massive.

Nevertheless I am being pushed to the edge by the really [REMOVED] connectivity I have suffered for the past year.

Basically, the router needs restarting every day - sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. When I contact the technical helpdesk they run their tests and restart the router and they say it will be sorted. It is, for the next hour if I am lucky. Occasionally, I kick up a stink and say that we need an engineer to come to the property. They arrange this and subsequently attend.

My router is situated upstairs in a 2-storey house and is a 3.0 hub.

The last-but-one-engineer said that one of the problems was that the router was placed by a wooden desk and that dampens the signal downstairs, which is where the majority of the wifi stuff is. Moving the router downstairs isn't something I want to do, as I only have Virgin broadband and telephone - not TV.

The last engineer suggested that I needed to upgrade my broadband speed from 100mbps to 200mbps as I have around 20 wifi devices connected (who doesn't!). So, last month I upgraded the speed as suggested to 200mbps.

Sadly, the performance is exactly the same - dropping daily. The dropping is sometimes dropping of wifi and sometimes total dropping of the internet.

Help, otherwise I'm going to have to think about BT or something else!!

[Mod Edit – Inappropriate Comments etc]

150 REPLIES 150

Hi Katie, Paul and Lee,

I have now done a reset of the router.

the packet loss has been huge and a big let down by Virgin.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b094eaaacbdbfa1a7bf5a100e6a41c0c83... 

Hi

I have rebooted The SH3 and can now get my PS4 and the third MacBook Air to connect.

However despite numerous attempts, including going into the router settings and disabling the 5ghz WiFi, can’t get the Amazon Blink CCTV module to connect.

have to say I can believe this has been so much trouble in this day and age, 

This is now becoming really upsetting.

I am now restarting my router, the BQM is showing a packet lost.

Thought it was too easy, now PS4 refuses to,connect either via LAN or WiFi. . . . . even if a reboot the router!!

Hi,

I am having to restart my router again!

Can somebody please respond?

Restarting my router for the 3rd time in a day!!!

And no one from Virgin is here to help.

Link to BQM https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bbb1511bc824265b8a4e6f38eb76c910dc... 

Restarting my router again!!!

Could somebody from Virgin please advise when my contract is up for renewal?

i have had enough. Restarted my router 6 times in the last hour. Rubbish.

All the crap about ‘there’s an outage in the area’. My sister lives round the corner. Hers is perfect. But hers was crap last week and after numerous complaints she got a new router.

My internet is CRAP. And it isn’t cheap.

Restarting again!

this is outrageous 😡