cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to order Wi-Fi max

Dazza78
Joining in

Hi all

Need to get one as I thought virgin would be better… Unable to get a decent signal in the extension of our house!

I have heard you have to pay for the Pod this is ridiculous considering I moved from SKY to VIRGIN for better broadband! 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

If you not on Gig 1 have a look at the examples below

Items similar to these would cost less long term and will be controllable unlike the locked down VM's pods

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/wifi-extender/?clickOrigin=searchbar:search:term:wifi+extender

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dazza78,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your broadband connection and range at the moment! We understand that this is not ideal, especially as you're a new customer with us! 

Have you been able to read more about our WiFi Max and Intelligent WiFi Pods to see if this is something you're interested in? You can also download our Connect App to see if this can help locate the source of your issue.

I've taken a look at our systems and I can see that your downstream power levels are not where we want them to be. This could be causing your connection issues.

Unfortunately, we're unable to resolve this issue remotely, so we'd need to arrange for a technician appointment. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs