cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add replacement hub 3 to connect app

SJP72
On our wavelength

Hi, my hub 3 as just been changed to a new one and my connect app still has old details.

I can see how to delete the old one to enable me to add new one. 

The engineer didn’t know either so hoping someone techy out there can help  😉 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJP72  If you are using the app on an Android device then you delete the app data via the Apps and notifications section of the device you are using.  I guess there is a similar option for apple devices.

Alternatively you could try deleting the app from your device making sure to delete all app data and then reinstall.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try deleting all the app data from the Connect app.  Next time you open the app it should let you set it up from scratch with the details of your replacement Hub3 .

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

SJP72
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Graham. I can’t delete the info there is no option to do so. I’m looking on the connect app on the home tab and the old network details are on there a 2.4ghz abs 5ghz version with the network name and password. Clicking on them doesn’t give a delete option ;( 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJP72  If you are using the app on an Android device then you delete the app data via the Apps and notifications section of the device you are using.  I guess there is a similar option for apple devices.

Alternatively you could try deleting the app from your device making sure to delete all app data and then reinstall.

SJP72
On our wavelength

Thanks Graham,I’m getting somewhere now. I’m on iOS and deleted the app which deleted the data so thank you. Now stuck adding the new one;( it says scan the sticker on bottom of hub and it copies over the password but not the network details. I’m wondering if it’s because the engineer changed the network name so he could split it with 2.4ghz and 5ghz options as I needed so I could choose 2.4ghz for my security cameras.  Now because the names are different to the sticker on the bottom guessing this is why it tries to connect the hub 3 but then after 5 mins of trying says cannot find hub 😞 I can’t seem to find a way to input any of this manually there is just a scan now or order new hub 3 option. Any ideas please Graham ? Thanks again for helping  

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't have any iOS devices to check on, but if I remember correctly with the android version you should be able to enter the Hub3 settings passcode manually. If the engineer changed this from the default you will need to use the new one. This will be different to the WiFi access passwords.

What are you trying to use the connect app for?  There are other ways to check for WiFi signal strength and connect to VM hotspots.

SJP72
On our wavelength

Thanks Graham, I found the add manually but it only lets me put the setting password not the network name and password.

I’ve had quite a few issues with buffering  and the previous engineer added the app when they gave me a pod to boost the signal in the weak spots and I just found it useful to see what was connected to hub and pod and be able to remove devices easily. 

just wanted to restore everything the way it was before the hub was changed. I could lie without this connect app but was interesting and nice to have 😉 

SJP72
On our wavelength

Thanks for all your help Graham 😉 I got one step closer I might give up as I’m convinced it’s the names not matching that may be blocking me adding the new hub ;( have a lovely Evening you’ve been a complete star x 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SJP72,

Thank you for posting, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting the Hub connected up with the app. 

I just wanted to check in and see if you have made any progress with this since your last post to us? 

Thanks 

Nat

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using the VM pods, they will not work correctly with a split SSID.   One of the prerequisites for the Pod's is a single SSID as this is part of the Intelligent Wifi solution.

If you need a split SSID for your cameras, you need a different wifi solution. perhaps a decent Mesh system?   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more