Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Need new hub

Ok my problem is this, since the begining of the first lock down in March my broadband has been very poor indeed, I thought at first that this may be due to increased traffic with people working from home, but have since wondered if, since it also coincided with the 'Your speed boost is completed' message if my hub is just unable to cope with the boost. I have been with Virgin at least 15 years and had the old 2 point whatever hub ever since. So old it's not even listed on the virgin site nor Virgin connect. For months I have had to restart this hub at least 12 times a day, which works but only for a while.In September my autistic daughter started college and most of her lessons are online live and as things are she is simply unable to do them.I Urgently need this fixing but cannot contact Virgin! I don't want to swith providers but it's looking like my only option right now.Anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need new hub

might be the hub might be many other things - start by posting some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos