Re: Need new hub 3

Need a replacement hub 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why? What diagnostics have you run to ascertain that you need a new hub? Most problems like this are due to a bad circuit. Go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/down stream stats and network log. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
cully_weir
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20190208-194217.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cully_weir
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@cully_weir wrote:

Image publicly rejected as Network log (PNG image). contains users macid (aka CM-MAC).  Normally I'd edit and repost for user with say last low order octets of both  CM-MAC  and CMTS-MAC redacted.  

However ForumTeam (Manchester) need  to engage with appropriate training uplifts.....    for themselves and new users benefits and to also emphasise that: (apart from redacted personal info eg CM-MAC [CMTS-MAC is debatably not personal but common for same cable segment/provisioned Mac domain but less of an argument to also redact low order octet anyway] - keeping at least first 3 hi-order octets of each CMTS type!)

Forum guidelines will. also include obfuscating VM public IP address (again I'd suggest only the last 1 or 2 low order octets. as this would assist others to determine if. they are on. same Mac domain/cable. segment to assist comparative. diagnostics?) 

Providing partially redacted postcode (eg I'm in BN37N_) and provisioned host (eg reverse DNS "host". on mine is "brig19" = "Arris e6000" again from the CMTS-macid vendor lookup of. first 3 hi-ordeer octets")  along with Hub firmware version and. complete suite of Upstream and Downstream signal/BER logs can assist in. a more comprehensive context if (Manchester) ForumTeam have delays/difficulties checking IPDR/CMTS backend databases?

EMPHASIS: The above are suggestions (over last 9 years as. SU) and @Kev_B (and/or Forum Management) ultimately determine the user/Forum guidelines anyway, however, complex migration of Swansea ForumTeam support to newer Manchester based ForumTeam and their current steep "learning-curve" will hopefully be accompanied with some equivalent user "patience and latitude" in return as well? 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
cully_weir
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Plain English would be more helpful tbh.