cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need engineer

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

I have constant drops in my connection daily and have been for the past 3 years. I have linked a post which is full of people who have the same issue as me and the solution is an engineer. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-Ranging-Response-received-T3-time-out/...

0121C3DB-90A4-4380-AC23-18B483FECFC6.jpeg

0B38AF59-9FAD-43A9-A135-C943109B5CFB.jpeg

8424D706-D132-483E-BD86-19D814697B86.jpeg

 Please send me an engineer

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Your Down power levels are way over the recommended maximum limit (+10dBmV) and will need a Tech visit to rectify.

However, this is a help forum and not a hotline into VM, you will be quicker calling in to CS (they ought to see the issue !), or twittering, or chatting.

Hwever, VM staff do respond on here but in can be a few days before they get to these posts that are not resolved.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Are you being serious? Do you honestly think I haven’t called them after 3 years of service? You do know this is VM we are talking about. Look at their Twitter it is filled with people saying they are having problems. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK wait a few days here for VM to assist.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi IhateVM3,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been facing issues for 3 years, I have tried to locate your account however wasn't able with the details we have for you, your above stats aren't great, so I can look further into this I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to start?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IhateVM3,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know, and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Lets us know how the appointment goes.

Regards

Paul.

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

34EE1F90-4A91-443E-9EAE-31F62BB7C576.png

4FA29BB4-4829-479C-8A63-C30163266B91.png

Still having major issues. Constant disconnects every 5 mins. Putting the power cable back into router creates a lot of sparks. Given plenty of time for it to settle in after the engineer visit but it’s as if he never came.

Hi there, 

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're still having some issues with your service.

I have taken a look ta our systems and can see there is a prolonged signal level issue resulting in a slow performance of broadband service.  

I am going to pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get a tech visit booked for you.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

I no longer receive frequent disconnects, however I experience packet loss on consoles and random increases of latency up to the hundreds which is causing a very unpleasant experience for my children. I have over a months worth of BQM graphs that show latency issues and packet loss occurring. 

IhateVM3_0-1651328770286.jpeg

IhateVM3_1-1651328770264.jpeg

IhateVM3_2-1651328770262.jpeg

IhateVM3_3-1651328770265.jpeg

I can send all of them if required but I believe this should suffice to see that there is an issue of some sort.

Hi @IhateVM3 thanks for your follow-up message, although I'm sorry it's not a positive one for you.

I've ran some further checks and it does appear there are some problems with power levels to your Hub being outside of specifications.

With this in mind, we'll need to schedule another technician for you to try and get things resolved.
Please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W