Hellywelly71
Joining in

I need a WiFi booster pod

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Hellywelly71 

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hellywelly71,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's great to hear you're looking at having WiFi Pods. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

To get the ball rolling on your first pod, we will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs