cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an engineer

KhalilO
Joining in

I have been having issues with my broadband for months. I was getting a lot of packet loss. Download speeds of around 120 and upload of only 4. 

Upgraded to gig fibre and went to download speed of around 500/550 but upload stayed at the same. Engineers came out and fitted some equipment/removed some old stuff and now connection is stuck at 20 upload and download speed. 

I need someone out to have a look at the work done and figure out how to fix the speeds. I tried customer services but they just don't get anywhere with this, I've been through their resets etc so many times but it just never works. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

KhalilO
Joining in

Just to add to this as well. When we spoke to the engineers, they said they would monitor the connection and call us this past Monday if there were issues but no call and the issues have persisted.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

“Monitor the connection” is just a way of getting you off their backs. Please post some stats, details below:

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you for the help, managed to get through to someone on the phone who got one organised for Monday. 🙂

g0akc
Problem sorter

@KhalilO wrote:

Thank you for the help, managed to get through to someone on the phone who got one organised for Monday. 🙂

Still do what Tudor has suggested - it will potentially give you some evidence to discuss with the technician(s) that come out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Will do, will post the results later on when I get home. 

Thanks as well. 🙂

Hi @KhalilO

Welcome to the community!

I can see that you have mentioned you have an engineer booked already for this issue. Please let us know how you get on and what they advise. If you have any further issues please follow the guide that @Tudor has kindly given to post your hub log and we'll investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley