Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 21 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new router

Stats look ok - logs look a problem but it needs someone else to interpret.

Gary asked a few hour ago - can you connect via ethernet cable?

Also, Have you checked for “known network faults”? As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John.  At the moment the wifi appears stable...i hope it's just the service problem and it's now resolved?! What a stressful day it has been.  But I appreciate your responses which is much better than no response everywhere else.  I have posted in Facebook, twitter, messenger, texting but everywhere else was just a dead end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 23 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If you have a spare router you could put the shub into modem mode and use the spare router to provide the wifi.

Or in my case I added a router as an access point as the modem mode stopped working.

Either way a secondary router is bound to be more reliable than the VM offering.