cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new Hub...

DianaK91
Tuning in

So, we had issues with our internet not working for a week, then had a lovely technician come yesterday and fix it (dodgy cable arrived in the post)....then today, the BF kicks over a glass of juice and it splashes all over the hub ...now it no longer works.

Must admit it's poor design to have the case so open for all the circuit board to be seen...I now need a new one.

How do I go about getting one and is it worth getting an upgraded one as I had a hub 3..?

• Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this

There are a few options. Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this

There are a few options. Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I rang VM and they said they have to send an technician out to be able to get a new Hub ... Annoyingly that's Tuesday which is quite far away when you're without internet.

Ive tried drying the router and it worked for a while, it comes on then all lights go green and it just shuts itself off. So I'm guessing something has fried during the spillage.

Can they not just send out a new Hub? Why does it have to be a technician when I know what the fault is?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All you can do is call in again and see if there has been a Tech visit cancellation and they can bring yours forward.

VM have a Hub supply issue ATM (due to the well publicised global suppl issues) so want to ensure the Hub you have is borked and cannot be repaired on site by the Tech

--------------------
John
--------------------

Ah makes sense. Okay, will have to keep trying then in the hopes of a cancellation. I have the number of the last technician so I'm tempted to just text him and ask 🤣 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
;-Worth a try nothing to lose 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------