cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need WiFi pod as a volt customer

sharpace107
Tuning in

Tried to get answered on the phone, but virgin are useless at customer relations. WiFi needs help and as I'm a volt member was hoping to get one sent to me to hopefully help me out. The original boosters were rubbish, too large and did not work. I was charged for them though. Also bills going up another £8.50 a month and no chance of talking to anyone to help. Very annoyed.

5 REPLIES 5

jallen1210
Tuning in

I have same issue.  Also volt customer and have Gig BB

Cant speak to anyone and the booster I had has stopped working all together. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sharpace107, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to order a WIFi pod. Taking a look at our systems all is looking good with the hub itself in terms of power and signal levels. They are all at optimal levels. Looking at the WiFi stats, we've identified that the 5GHz SSID has been disabled. This could be causing issues with some devices. 

In order to have a WiFi pod, the settings need to be default so you will need to reactivate the 5GHz SSID. Once you've done this, post back here to let us know so we can re-run the checks. If you're still having an issue we can then order a pod for you. 

In terms of discussing the package, we're not able to do package changes via the Community so you will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to discuss that side of things further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi jallen1210, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are also having an issue. 

I have already replied to the thread you posted here: Booster broke

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply.

How do I reactivate the 5GHz SSID???

Many thanks

Hi sharpace107 

You may find some help here

Alex_Rm