cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTICE ATOM errors on my Super hub 3

metalmatt
Up to speed

Good Evening

Since Sunday I have been having the following error NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism.

The router has gone off 3 times since Sunday. Spoke to somebody on the phone today ran tests on the router and said it was fine and the possible fault is the A/C power adapter he said he has dispatched me new adapter. Has anyone else being having these problems?

26 REPLIES 26

Downstream power range of 7.8 to 2.2 is far too wide, there's uncorrectable (post-RS) errors creeping through on six channels, one of the upstream channels is dropping modulation (a sign of noise but not always a problem in itself), and you've got a spatter of upstream timeouts.  Whilst not awful, it not a connection working anywhere near as well as it should, we'll see if forum staff agree.  ATOM errors are usually the hub's software doing a partial restart and probably are not caused by the issues I've picked up.  VM's tech people will know full well what causes them, but the company never offers customers any helpful guidance on that sort of thing.

Some of VM's field technicians are very good and would have the faults I've noticed diagnosed and a fix identified pretty quickly (although if the fix is a cable re-pull then that would often take a good few weeks).  Others will just wave their diagnostic handheld at your hub, insist that the LEDs are all green so there's no problem, they'll unplug and restart the hub without addressing the root cause and you'll be back to square one.  But before you see a technician you'll have to persuade VM to send one out.  It is possible that forum staff may tell you (again) that they can see nothing wrong from their side despite the things I can see that indicate a pretty borderline connection; If you continue to see problems and VM insist there are none, then your options are that you either tolerate the standard of service, cancel the contract if that is an option for you, or if you can't cancel and don't intend to pay for a scrubby connection then you will have to start the slow and tedious process of a formal complaint to VM (which will be fobbed off) and then involve Ombudsman Services.

Hey metalmatt,

I have been looking into this and can see that there are a few issues on your up and down stream channels that will need a technician visit to resolve.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for your help.

No problem at all, I do hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Been on here a long time, however I log in when i have issues.

Update* - Engineer came out yesterday said that the wire from the box outside leading up to the room/router will need to be replaced hopefully w/c 17/04. We had some work done last year a new concrete path, the workmen cut through the wire and pulled the one too much that's attached to the wall, he thinks the wire is too thin and needs replaced.

I had another atom error this morning at 10.01 the router went off for about 2 mins then came back on again. Is there any work being done around my area? Thanks.