Menu
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: NORTHOLT Area - NO INTERNET for over 2 WEEKS!!!

I'm not entirely convinced that the issues experienced by @Lightning are completely related to the area fault being flagged up here. A contributory factor for sure, but causing outright loss-of-service that is being reported? Something doesn't add up here.

Which goes full circle to reporting the loss-of-service to VM. If it's genuinely related, then it'll serve the purpose of ensuring loss-of-service credits are appropriately triggered. If it's not related, then it stops the "suffering in silence" that can so easily happen - and at least VM know the OP is off-service.

They may need to resolve the area fault before dealing with any other separate issues that may be being masked, that's the only complication. I don't see a way around that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lightning
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came today - Saturday. Spent 1h and established that there's an issue with the cable. He was saying that my cable is underground whereas everyone else's (neighbors) is above ground. He supposeldy booked an emergency appointment for some construction workers to come and dig up the cable and reposition. Said should hopefully be done by Tuesday. It's funny how I still need to keep re-registering the "issue" in order to be eligable for compensation because apparently it "keeps getting fixed" somehow when cable has been DEAD for 4 days.

0 Kudos
Lightning
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All sorted. 5 days with no Internet but the engineer and people who sorted out the cable were very speedy.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for keeping the thread updated with this - have you had any other contact with the team since your post or is this still arranged for tomorrow? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N- Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos