cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE in Northolt, Greenford, Harrow, Ealing/Reading. (VM DOING ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES)

Lightning
On our wavelength

I am absolutely disgusted and shocked by what I am witnessing. 

The service has been dead in Northolt, Greenford, Harrow, Ealing since Wednesday - 20th. This is the 3rd day with literally no service at all; the broadband is completely dead. We've received multiple text notifications of continuous delays - it never ends. I've already received over a dozen messages regarding the never-ending delays. 

On Thursday at 10:18am you sent a text message saying that the issue was fixed - this was never the case and the reason why you sent this text was to avoid compensating the customers. To be clear - at no point was anyone able to access the broadband since Wednesday - 20th Jan at around midday. VM however decided to close the initial problem and falsely tell everyone that the issue was resolved - even though it never was (hence the reason we have 2 ref numbers now).

I am personally going to reach out to media outlets, as well as regulatory companies which look after the interest of citizens. You just dug yourself a grave for illegally sending this false message by trying to avoid compensating us. This is completely illegal and all of this is well documented; absolutely disgusting.

Below is a more detailed info of the text messages received from VM regarding the delays. The first part indicates VM's "estimated repair time".

F008753324
1) 21/01/2021 - 10:00 (received at 19:52 on Wed)
2) 21/01/2021 - 20:00 (received at 09:25 on Thu)
3) "this issue is now fixed" (received at 10:18 on Thu) --- false information sent by VM to avoid paying compensation to customers.

F008753175
4) 22/01/2021 - 10:00 (received at 19:39 on Thu)
5) 22/01/2021 - 12:00 (received at 09:46 on Thu)
6) 22/01/2021 - 14:00 (received at 11:43 on Thu)
7) 22/01/2021 - 18:00 (received at 11:49 on Thu)

I strongly suggest for those of you who are in the same situation to report them to OFCOM with all the details:

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

34 REPLIES 34

Hello, I have the issue but I have only registered the service loss today,l rather than Wednesday. If it gets fixed tomorrow, does that mean I won’t get any compensation? 
Many thanks,

kp

Rachel said this in her earlier post

"As previously advised, we are working tirelessly to have this issue resolved as soon as we're able. Unfortunately, there's rather a lot of work to be done with around 8km of replacement cable required. Our engineers are doing all they can and I'm confident they'll have everything sorted soon."

@Lightning wrote:

What the hell... They need to replace/lay 8km of cable!? What's your source on this? I don't see how this can be done anytime soon. 

And yes my main frustration point is how this issue is being handled. Continuous delays - false information sent via text messages, etc. 

What Edrola said is absolutely correct - you need to provide us with flexible timescale to allow us to make better decisions instead of continuously relying on your inaccurate pathetic timeframes. 

You know what to do.... you won’t be missed either!!

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi Rachael,

Since you seem to be somewhat fully aware of the situation at hand - can you please clarify as to how long this process may realistically take? I'd like to know what would be the "up to" duration. Based on this I'll need to make a decision whether it's feasible to continue waiting or not. As others pointed out - we need this vital information to make the decision as it impacts our lives.

Make sure you get a business service that offers SLA’s on fix times then. Otherwise you’ll be in the same position with provider XYZ. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry, were you asking for my source of this information or Edrola's? I obtained these details from internal communications, as with the other information I've provided on this thread. this isn't a detail which would usually be provided, but I thought I'd advise so that you had a better idea of the work involved in restoring your services and could better understand why this is taking some time to resolve.

As stated, the estimated fix time given is the most accurate and up-to-date expected time for this issue to be resolved. I have every confidence that the team are anticipating having the problem sorted by then. Yes, this is a large amount of work to be completed, but we have multiple dedicated experts working on the solution and it is something that we do on a regular basis whenever necessary. It can take some time, but it certainly wouldn't be a case of weeks' worth of work. The engineers are doing what they can to repair/replace any affected cable and identify any further issues/damage.

This ticket is being continuously monitored by both our local teams and our back office network management centre. If they felt that these estimates were unrealistic, they wouldn't be provided either internally or to customers. We are constantly reviewing the situation and endeavouring to provide as accurate a timescale as possible. I'm afraid I can't advise anything other than what I can see in the fault ticket. I have access to more information than is available to customers, but the estimated fix time remains the same for me as it is for you.

@Kp231 Any compensation would be applied as per the relevant Automatic Compensation policy. If you have only registered your loss of service today, this would be the start of your initial 48 hour period.

Thanks,

Rachael

Thanks a lot for your assistance on this Rachael, much appreciated.

I understand that you've given us more information than what would be expected of VM to provide us with and I appreciate it. It's also good to know that you don't expect this to take anywhere near/close to a week - that's assuring. Thanks again.

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all 🙂

I'm back in tomorrow so can always take another look if needs be. If there are any further developments, I'll be sure to let you know. Feel free to head back here if you'd like another update.

Thanks,

Rachael

Hi Rachel, 

I'm sure you are aware the problem was resolved this morning and thank you for your patience over this matter. 

But can I make a suggestion that when a fault arises that it gets graded somehow, ie a minor or major fault.

You wouldn't  have to go into detail but would give customers an idea of the problem you are facing with getting service up and running again. 

Thanks again. 

Again, not a business service with SLA’s so faults are just faults regardless of severity.