cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE in Northolt, Greenford, Harrow, Ealing/Reading. (VM DOING ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES)

Lightning
On our wavelength

I am absolutely disgusted and shocked by what I am witnessing. 

The service has been dead in Northolt, Greenford, Harrow, Ealing since Wednesday - 20th. This is the 3rd day with literally no service at all; the broadband is completely dead. We've received multiple text notifications of continuous delays - it never ends. I've already received over a dozen messages regarding the never-ending delays. 

On Thursday at 10:18am you sent a text message saying that the issue was fixed - this was never the case and the reason why you sent this text was to avoid compensating the customers. To be clear - at no point was anyone able to access the broadband since Wednesday - 20th Jan at around midday. VM however decided to close the initial problem and falsely tell everyone that the issue was resolved - even though it never was (hence the reason we have 2 ref numbers now).

I am personally going to reach out to media outlets, as well as regulatory companies which look after the interest of citizens. You just dug yourself a grave for illegally sending this false message by trying to avoid compensating us. This is completely illegal and all of this is well documented; absolutely disgusting.

Below is a more detailed info of the text messages received from VM regarding the delays. The first part indicates VM's "estimated repair time".

F008753324
1) 21/01/2021 - 10:00 (received at 19:52 on Wed)
2) 21/01/2021 - 20:00 (received at 09:25 on Thu)
3) "this issue is now fixed" (received at 10:18 on Thu) --- false information sent by VM to avoid paying compensation to customers.

F008753175
4) 22/01/2021 - 10:00 (received at 19:39 on Thu)
5) 22/01/2021 - 12:00 (received at 09:46 on Thu)
6) 22/01/2021 - 14:00 (received at 11:43 on Thu)
7) 22/01/2021 - 18:00 (received at 11:49 on Thu)

I strongly suggest for those of you who are in the same situation to report them to OFCOM with all the details:

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

34 REPLIES 34

You are right !same situation here.they told me that me i have a problem with my internet connection cuz seems they solved the initial problem.i wait for a call from VM engineer and no

one call me when i check again it was again same problem

In the area! 
not nice at all 

Got an automated text message once again - the issue was supposed to be resolved but this is being delayed once again... 

The estimated repair time is now 10:00 23/01/2021... This is just disgusting.

3 full days of dead broadband

Rachael_F - I don't use Twitter so whoever sent you whatever it was - wasn't from me.

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lightning,

Thank you for confirming that it wasn't you on Twitter. Your post is worded almost exactly the same, so apologies for any incorrect assumptions.

As previously advised, we are working tirelessly to have this issue resolved as soon as we're able. Unfortunately, there's rather a lot of work to be done with around 8km of replacement cable required. Our engineers are doing all they can and I'm confident they'll have everything sorted soon.

Thanks,

Rachael

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

How much longer do you think staff can work than 24 hours a day?  It's cold out there in the streets at night.

I do think it's a bit far fetched to suggest that Virgin would fiddle their fault recording systems just to avoid paying you a miserable £8 a day. They have far better things to do.

According to the letter I just received to notify me of a price increase, they reckon on providing a 99% connection. So you can expect to lose your service for 3.65 days a year.  If you want better than that you should do what many of us do and get a backup service with 4G or 5G data.  It's quite cheap these days. Or you could change your residential service to a business one with a service level agreement.  

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@Lightning wrote:

Got an automated text message once again - the issue was supposed to be resolved but this is being delayed once again... 

The estimated repair time is now 10:00 23/01/2021... This is just disgusting.

3 full days of dead broadband

Rachael_F - I don't use Twitter so whoever sent you whatever it was - wasn't from me.

That’s why the times are estimated. If they gave you a firm fix time and that came and went I can’t imagine how (unnecessarily) irate you would be. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi Rachel.

Thanks for the information regarding the issue, but I think the reason for the frustration i have seen on other forums is more down to the fact that the estimated resolution time and date keeps getting moved. 

If you know the resolution is to lay 8km of cable then I'm pretty sure they aren't going to do that in a matter of hours. 

Luckily I have a manager that's close to the office and he has been able to open up the office so I can work there alone for the last two days. 

Others aren't so lucky and if this is going to be days or even a week, then a realistic estimation would help those struggling work or study come up with a solution rather than hoping for the service to return. I don't think £8 a day will pay the rent, so give them a more realistic repair time so they can make a decision on making a switch or not. 

I understand that you are trying to resolve the issue ASAP but in the current situation people are reliant on your services more than ever. 

You’re not covered for loss of monies/earnings/business on residential services regardless of the pandemic or not.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I wasn't suggesting that Virgin should reimburse their losses but give everyone a chance to do something about it if it's going to be days rather than hours to resolve. 

8km of cable is no small task but I'm sure that a more realistic estimate could be given rather than just keep extending 8 or 16 hours at a time. 

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Edrola,

I can certainly appreciate your frustration, I'm glad that you've been able to make alternative arrangements. Our estimated fix times are subject to change, but are always based on the latest information available to the team directly involved in completing any necessary works.

If the experts feel they can complete the required action within a certain time, this is what they will advise. Unfortunately, initial times given may be amended based on the discovery of the level of work required. Further delays may then be caused by replacement engineers stuck in traffic or various other factors out of our control. We would always strive to provide the most accurate times as possible, I'm certain that the team are doing everything within their power to have the network restored and the tickets updated to the best of their ability.

Thanks,

Rachael

Lightning
On our wavelength

What the hell... They need to replace/lay 8km of cable!? What's your source on this? I don't see how this can be done anytime soon. 

And yes my main frustration point is how this issue is being handled. Continuous delays - false information sent via text messages, etc. 

What Edrola said is absolutely correct - you need to provide us with flexible timescale to allow us to make better decisions instead of continuously relying on your inaccurate pathetic timeframes.