cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO IPHONES WORK WITH VIRGIN MEDIA

abzzmiah
Joining in

All the iPhones in my household are not connecting to the WiFi network. I have tried with Android products and they work perfectly fine it's just iPhones. I have called virgin and they just said it's an apple problem I turn on my data on iPhone it still does not seem to work. The iPhones are all updated to the latest iOS 14.4 virgin refused to help me any further and told me to just call apple instead. I called apple and they told me everything works as normal. I am completely oblivious as to what I should do virgin won't help me at all. I love virgin but if this continues then I will be forced to change broad bands unfortunately.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you seen and tried this.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

• Yeah I have tried that I still get the same problems unfortunately. I did it yesterday while I was on call with virgin. I cannot understand why it's doing this.

g0akc
Problem sorter

@abzzmiah wrote:

All the iPhones in my household are not connecting to the WiFi network. I have tried with Android products and they work perfectly fine it's just iPhones. I have called virgin and they just said it's an apple problem I turn on my data on iPhone it still does not seem to work. The iPhones are all updated to the latest iOS 14.4 virgin refused to help me any further and told me to just call apple instead. I called apple and they told me everything works as normal. I am completely oblivious as to what I should do virgin won't help me at all. I love virgin but if this continues then I will be forced to change broad bands unfortunately.

Strange - our iPhones and other Apple products work fine on VM home Wi-Fi....

• Which Virgin hub do you have?
  • How far are you from the hub?
  • Have the iPhones ever connected to the hub?  Is this a new hub?
  • do the iPhones all work on other networks/Wi-Fi elsewhere?
  • Are you sure you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi SSID (network name)?   probably like VM1234567 - the one for your hub?  It matches the settings on your hub and that used for other devices?
  • You mentioned 'turn data on' - what do you mean by that ? - to me that means you turned on mobile data - that should not be necessary to use the home Wi-Fi - make sure you are not confusing the mobile network with Wi-Fi
  • on the iPhones, in the Wi-Fi settings, 'forget' the network and re-enter the name and password
  • Try separating the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands on the hub - change the SSID (network name) in advanced settings so they are different (ending in 2 and 5 for example)

If those things don't work install the apple Airport Utility, from the app store (on another network) and enable Wi-Fi scanning for that app in the phone settings (turn off the scanning later to save battery) and run a scan - do you see your SSID?  Are there strong neighbouring hubs on same channels?

Further there are several websites showing steps to take for iPhones and of course the Apple forums.  For example:

https://www.lifewire.com/iphone-cant-connect-to-wifi-fix-1999602

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!