cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT Type keeps failing between 11pm & 1am

xyopic
Joining in

I've noticed that the NAT Type keeps failing between 11pm and 1am most nights in the past week. This is becoming a problem as an avid gamer, who is currently grinding the hardest difficulty of my favoured game to gain items needed for the hardest content, and these items are lost every time the NAT Type fails out of nowhere, which is causing myself anger as the drop rates for these items are extremely low, so losing them through no fault of my own is concerning.

The NAT Type failure also stops everything working on my smartphone at the same time, so I have no way of communicating with anyone until the NAT Type restores itself, which can be anything from 15 mins to an hour before it's resolved.

All solutions to this problem require a PC on the same broadband network to be able to fix it, which I don't have.

Why is the NAT Type so unstable on your network alately? On my PS4 Pro it is always set to 2, as there's no way of changing it to 1 or 3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There has been a general outage at this time for lots of users. Now reported to be fixed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter
  • Have you got UPnP enabled?
  • Port forwarding set up correctly?
  • Being DDoS'd ?
  • Set up BQM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

The NAT Type is always set to 2 automatically on the PS4 Pro. There is no way of changing this without a PC, the same applies to UPnP & Port Forwarding, a PC on the same broadband network is required, which I don't have. The router itself has no way of overriding the NAT Type manually neither. Therefore I'm stuck with the NAT Type failures, which is driving myself mad, as I pay for broadband solely for gaming.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There has been a general outage at this time for lots of users. Now reported to be fixed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2