cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS doesn't connect since router upgrade

catterfj
Tuning in

I have a Synology NAS DS218J, purchased two years ago. Installed are apps Plex and Cloudstation Drive, however since I was upgraded from a Superhub 2 to a Hub 3 I have not been able to connect to these. Plex across my devices (laptop, phone, TV) says I need to 'get Plex Server', which has always been installed on the NAS. Cloudstation Drive no longer syncs from my laptop, perpetually trying to 'connect'. QuickConnect also no longer works from a browser.

I expected these to continue to work as before with the new router, but sadly not. I do not remember if I changed any hub settings when I first bought the NAS. I have tried to follow some guides for setting up DHCP and port forwarding but I feel out of my depth and doubt I would have done this first time around.

Is there a guide to doing this? A known bug when upgrading routers? Should I contact Virgin directly? Any help would be greatly received.

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks.  It's not obvious where to input the IP for Cloudstation, but I'll figure that out.

Plex Server is definitely running on the NAS.

have you tried logging out and in again on your plex account on the NAS?

Yes, tried that without luck

@catterfj wrote:
Yes, tried that without luck

and just to clarify - you logged out not by clicking on the little user icon in the top right of the plex web interface, but by clicking on the three bars at the top left of the browser window, selecting your server, clicking the three dots to the right and selected manage server -> settings - the page that pops up then has a "server signed in as" section.. 

in a web browser, can you navigate to http://192.168.0.x:32400/web/index.html (replace 192.168.0.x with whatever the IP address of your NAS is)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@catterfj wrote:
"Are you browsing to its IP address through a web interface?" - that's exactly right

Just to add, make sure you are using a Reserved DHCP IP address for the NAS, or a static IP that's outside the DHCP scope.  If it just has a standard DHCP IP, it may well change from time to time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

catterfj
Tuning in

Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions.  None of the tweaks worked so I tried resetting the whole NAS using the tiny button on the back.  This showed the NAS up on the LAN (using http://find.synology.com) and from there I could tweak settings to get Plex, CloudStation Drive and QuickConnect to run.

@catterfj wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions.  None of the tweaks worked so I tried resetting the whole NAS using the tiny button on the back.  This showed the NAS up on the LAN (using http://find.synology.com) and from there I could tweak settings to get Plex, CloudStation Drive and QuickConnect to run.

ahh the nuclear option. 

shouldn't have been necessary, but glad you've got everything working 🙂