cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery loss of 5Ghz network

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

I am currently operating my wireless network on my HUB on the 5GHz frequency with the 2.4Ghz disabled. My three wireless devices laptop, iPad and phone all in the same room at around 2 to 3 metres distance. This has worked faultlessly since 2019, but a few days ago I lost the ability to log onto the router. My devices can pick up many other users Wi-Fi hotspots in the neighbourhood but mine has vanished. I have tried rebooting, I have tried switching from modem only to wireless and back again to no avail. Contacting virgin media they have done soft reboot from their end with no success. On switching on the 2.4 GHz facility I can now see my router again but only on this lower frequency. The router goes through the correct boot sequence as far as I can see  but the warning light at the front always remains red. Ethernet connections to a TiVo box and computer are fine implying I have no cable problems. I suspect a problem with the 5 GHz output on my router although it appears normal to remote interrogation  Is this a common problem , channel interference or failure with part of the hub three circuitry ? I would be grateful for any advice you can offer.

G

10 REPLIES 10

Thank you for keeping us posted GROBTIV.

We're glad to hear this has all been resolved for you. 

^Martin