Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: My wifi keeps dropping

@John, thanks for letting us know you are not VM. But I am sorry, your initial post was not helpful, perhaps leave talking T&C's to VM employees. 

@Gary - totally unhelpful, The whole point of a forum is that people find similar faults and avoid starting new threads. I think this is a bigger issue and VM need to realise that instead of "dividing and conquering". And I understood Iggy's title perfectly, 

@John, thanks for your most recent post. I tried ringing the number, as described. Having accepted the option for text updates, the call was automatically terminated. But I will try again with what you suggest. 

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Familiarise yourselves with the forum rules.

Its nothing to do with dividing and conquering as you so aptly put it - it’s to keep issues segregated to prevent cross communication between multiple posters on one thread.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thats exactly what I'm doing... At least one person on here was helpful...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Gary, how can you segregate a single issue? Our Wi-Fi is dropping out. And it 's not our devices.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I'm on hold now to the number that John posted... Fingers crossed I get through to someone soon... I'll keep you informed laserman 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Iggy71 wrote:

I'm on hold now to the number that John posted... Fingers crossed I get through to someone soon... I'll keep you informed laserman 👍

If not try again over your cornflakes - usually less busy then.  😎 

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John 👌

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I was on hold for 15 minutes and spoke to a lady who has now transferred me to someone on technical services.... Here's hoping...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Uklaserman - do wired devices drop as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator

So after over an hour on the phone (and still holding), I've spoken to someone who has told me that I need a new Superhub so there IS a problem with my hub.

However, I've actually upgraded as I checked their prices for new deals whilst I was on hold. So I've gone from paying £56.85 per month for the M100 package which gives me 108Mb speed to the M350 package for £53.75 which gives me 362Mb!

As I was having to have a new hub anyway, they're just sending me a different one apparently and this will give me a better speed AND I'm saving a few £'s every month as well!

But essentially, the problem WAS with the superhub so its been worth sitting on hold for an hour to sort this out... or at least, it looks like it has at this stage....