cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wifi keeps dropping out,

Jojo777
Joining in

I can’t get any help from virgin, been talking on web chat, then a robot and today a real person who was no help at all.  They just suggested subscribing another £5 pm for basically an extender. (Why was this not mentioned at point of sale?). I only upgraded from 100 to 200 fibre and now my service is dreadful. Yesterday I clicked on disability help phone line which turned out to be a dead line/continuous tone.  Tried the complaints link and it brought up an ‘Ooops, somethings wrong’ message.  At point of sale I mentioned my disability and boy on phone said ‘don’t worry’.  What’s the old adage?  If it sounds too good to be true…….  Can anyone tell me how I can get an engineer? Failing that, who can I complain to that are independent from virgin?  I need wifi to call for help in case of emergencies so sorry for going on.  He can get people into space but can’t sort out problems on earth.  Ps. My speed averages at 40 mbps. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jojo777,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums. 

I'm really sorry for the issues that you're having and for the experience that you've had trying to get this looked into further.

I'm looking into your account right now but we are having some system issues that at the moment and cannot access some of the tests that we would run to check all of the your connection but the ones that I have been able to run are saying that you would benefit from our WiFi pods, but I would need to take some further details from you via a private message to look into this further. I will drop the private message over in a moment, please look out for it. 

Are you having any issues with wired connections to your hub 

Which number did you call through to try and speak to the disability support line? I can get this looked into further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jojo777,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums. 

I'm really sorry for the issues that you're having and for the experience that you've had trying to get this looked into further.

I'm looking into your account right now but we are having some system issues that at the moment and cannot access some of the tests that we would run to check all of the your connection but the ones that I have been able to run are saying that you would benefit from our WiFi pods, but I would need to take some further details from you via a private message to look into this further. I will drop the private message over in a moment, please look out for it. 

Are you having any issues with wired connections to your hub 

Which number did you call through to try and speak to the disability support line? I can get this looked into further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven. 
it’s great to finally  ‘speak’ to somebody who sounds understanding.  My brother is home on leave at the moment, he actually lays fibre cables for a living, he’s an ROV pilot so he checked all cables for me and talked me through workings etc. I kept saying ‘I’ve got wifi’ but he said that’s not the issue, then he said something very technical which went right over my head. I found the number on the help page, ironically and I think it was either 0303 003 0000, or 0800 800 3333 - the latter I think. 

Many thanks, Jo

Thanks for confirming your details @Jojo777.

I can see that you have spoken to the team yesterday afternoon and as they said there are no issues that we can find with your connection.

Are you having any issues with wired connections to your hub?

Would you be able to setup a broadband quality monitor, using this link here, this can help us monitor your issues and help diagnose what is happening, we can then hopefully find a resolution to your problems.

Regards,

Steven_L

Spoiler
It’s asking me for my card number. Sounds a bit icky. 

Plus I’ve just turned my Firestick on in lounge and said via message it wasn’t connected to internet so had to restart again. This happens every day to most appliances now. I’ve lost all faith in virgin and just want an engineer to physically come to my house and help me. I would like my internet service provider to provide me service, please
Jo 

Thanks for coming back to me @Jojo777.

I have looked into your account again and can see an issue with the power levels in your connection that would need a technician visit to resolve.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L