Menu
Paul991
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My router keeps having to reset

Hi I haven’t had Virgin for very long but for the past 3 nights when I try to use a device connected to the hub it says wrong password, if I re enter the password it still says it’s wrong, I then do a pin reset as it says online, but I don’t want to have to do this every day like I have for the past 3 days.

also my second v6 box is very hit and miss if it connects to my main box downstairs is this a common problem? 

0 Kudos
latsot
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: My router keeps having to reset

I'm having the same problem. It first happened a week or so ago and then yesterday and this morning.

0 Kudos
Paul991
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Has Virgin Media got any suggestions I spoke with my neighbour yesterday and they have the same issue, it appears to be a problem with the equipment.

0 Kudos
latsot
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I haven't had chance to contact support yet, I'll probably do so today.

I'm certain that you're right and the problem is the router rather than the service. I PINHOLE'D my router yesterday and so far it has behaved itself. If this changes, I'll post about it here.

0 Kudos
Keeno
Settling in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The same has been happening to my Hub 3 over the last couple of weeks and think it relates to the software update that was auto loaded for smart WiFi. Have raise query with Virgin to confirm but appears to be impacting many users.

0 Kudos
latsot
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too have wondered whether the firmware update was responsible. It seems likely.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul991,

Is this issue still causing you problems or has a solution been found?

Happy to offer further assistance if need be.

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Paul991
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No solution found, I thought it was ok but I have no internet again 

0 Kudos
Paul991
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Even when mine says it’s working fine, emails, web pages do not load on various devices, the on demand on my tv also doesn’t work, I tried to phone the 150 number from my virgin gland line phone, guess what that doesn’t work either! 

I have been private messaging one of the virgin team but they clocked off at 16.00 on Thursday and have to wait until after the Easter holiday to try and sort this! 

I have resorted to just using 4G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
latsot
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For what it's worth, my router seems to have behaved itself for the last few days. Sorry to hear other people are still having problems.  If it happens again I'll get onto the support team.

0 Kudos