cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My network tab

85baines
Joining in

Sorry if already answered in the app how do I connect my hub of virgin installed it? 

Saying can't find the hub when I go through the steps. 

Would like to be able to use this feature. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 85baines, 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. 
If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

• For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 85baines, 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. 
If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

• For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks still not working. Only had installed yesterday will see how I get on in the new week and post again if need be.