Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

HUB3 Red Light

Hi,For the past 2 months my hub 3 has been showing a red light, the connection seems fine, speed tests look normal, and the online hub test shows no issues.I have done multiple pin hole resets and as suggested I unplug it when I’m asleep or out of t...

cohnen by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x - connection dropping constantly.

I joined VM on 11 Mar 24. It has been 1 thing after another in the 36 days since.First of all the engineer arrived and told me he couldn’t install at the rear of my home as “ he didn’t have enough cable “ then he said that I couldn’t use my own TP Lo...

Resolved! Blink Sync 2 Module not connecting

Hi everyone,Newby here.I've just had a new cable installation with M125 and Hub3 router and I've been steadily getting all of my devices and Smart/IoTs connected (about 25 in total). The only one remaining is the Blink Sync 2 module for my security c...

TP4 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Routing Issue

Hi,I believe there is a routing issue with the Virgin network which is preventing me from accessing my work e-mail. I am trying to connect to 'id.nordcloud.com' but the connection times out. This problem only started today and has been working fine f...

tracert.png
plynch66 by On our wavelength
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x no DMZ and modem mode

Hi all,Ive been reading up here an see that the modem mode is not available yet but I see al lot of people going the double NAT route using DMZ.i decided to try that but noticed I don’t have DMZ option on mine. So I configured it anyway and it seemed...

Old superhub 1?

Hey allMy hub has not been particularly reliable lately, it may work ok for a couple of weeks then drop out repeatedly for a few days.I have been with virgin since they took over telewest communications.I have had a look at the back of the router and...

Trev1972 by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blueyonder not sending e-mails

Can anyone suggest why Blueyonder is not sending some of my e-mails, even when I am replying to ones sent to me. They are being routed to my drafts folder.  There is no problem when I use my i-pad

Gooser42 by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

low device signal strength on Hub 5

So, having rebooted my Hub 5 following a broadband upload speed boost, I ran a network check on the hub and was told there were WiFi Issues.  The upshot is that two devices were flagged as "The device has low signal strength, please move it closer to...