cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet is cutting out 3 times a day for about an hour each time, and I only joined 1 month ago!

bthomp
Just joined

Apart from this I have spent 5 hours trying to get hold of somebody, the whatsapp just put me back in the wait, the phone keeps directing me to a text so this is the final go!

Is it too late to cancel?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes - your cooling off period is 14 days.

What Hub model did you get? And are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

And if you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @bthomp,

Many thanks for you recent post and welcome to the forums. I'm so sorry to hear you've been having these connectivity issues so early on in your time with us.

I've been unable to locate your current account using your forums details - have you managed to get support in the meantime with our faults team?

If you're still in need of further assistance please don't hesitate to drop back and we'll do our best to help.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide