cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet connection keep dropping since Virgin has done some work in my area.

Guilain
Joining in

I'm really disappointed by virgin since one month. I pay around £70 a month the get a fast fiber WIFI, but since Virgin has done some work in my area the wifi keep dropping.
It's really annoying as I'm working from home. I've tried few things y resetting the Box to default settings to changing from 5ghz to 2.4ghz but nothing change.

The whole customer experience is not that good anymore. There is no more chat, I've spend more than 1 hour on the helpline number without having anyone and people in store ask me to post a message here.

I'm really thinking about moving to another broadband provider.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See if the work/issues have been solved

try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. The test said that I don't have any issues with my hub. They've asked me to reboot my hub which I've done but nothing has changed. No issues has well, when I call the number.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.