cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband drops out frequently at about 1 am for about 20 mins, can't raise the router in browser

Altech1
Tuning in

My broadband drops out frequently at about 1 am for about 20 mins, can't raise the router in browser, why is this, even without internet connection shouldn't my network still be functioning?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
How often is this happening? Its a time when VM often do network changes - but usually for no more than 2 or 3 nights in succession. At those points theer is no network connectivity. You can monitor it and keep a record by using a BQM - see this

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Many thanks for replying John, the dropouts go in spates usually 2 or three nights in succession about once a month. I am concerned about the seeming drop out of my network as I have my alarm system working via the network.

Other systems I have worked with in schools don't lose the internal network when the internet drops out, I can't understand why this one does.

I'll set up the quality monitor, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Altech

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses Altech1,

Welcome back to the community.

Once the BQM is set up, post the readings into the thread and our team can investigate this further.

Cheers,

Kain