cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ancient hub 3 is a nightmare PLEASE can I have a new Hub 4 or 5

superjimbo1970
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I’ve been with Virgin since they were NTL, I’ve been a loyal customer, but I’m increasingly fed up. I have a fast (and expensive) broadband deal, which is being ruined by my ancient hub 3. It’s a white hub 3, a very early one. The hub drops out, just for a second or so, sometimes frequently. If you’re near the hub it’s reasonably OK, but the Pod mesh extensions take a lot longer to catch up after a dropout, cutting out Zoom etc.

Using Speedtest, the wifi goes from 230mbs to zero, then back up again. Often the upload speed is higher than the download speed. Sometimes it hangs at less than 2mbs! 

I’ve been told by 3 different IT experts (from work), over a number of years, that the hub is the problem, but virgin always say these hubs are OK and keep giving me an extra pod. I now have 3 Pods, in a one bedroom flat! Surely it’s time to give me a decent hub? I’m really fed up and will be leaving Virgin ASAP if this can’t be resolved. Please send a new Hub 4 or 5 asap.

43 REPLIES 43

I've been running a Broadband Monitor since about 3pm yesterday. I have no idea what his means, does it show any problems?

superjimbo1970_0-1663931589785.png

Sorry, I'll try that again. It didn't upload as it had my IP address in it.

superjimbo1970_0-1663932454330.png

Thanks for you reply superjimbo1970. 

The BQM doesnt look like anything to worry too much about. 

I would be happy to take a look at our side and see if there is anything we can do to help improve things. 

I will pop you over a private message to take a few details now. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi Natalie, it has been a long time since I’ve been to this thread. My brother has been very ill, terminal unfortunately, things are very difficult. I’ll reply to your PM but as you sent that a few months ago I’m not sure if it will be picked up. To update, the wired connection is completely fine, but the wifi continues to be a problem. Last night I was sat 2 metres away from the hub, using my ipad, and it dropped out. I checked on my phone and it was the same, but the laptop plugged in by ethernet was running at 360 mbps. The connection on the devices shows full connection, but there’s just nothing coming through. This is usual, and 3 mins later it’s fine again. The pods can’t possibly work well if the wifi from the hub is so unreliable. Surely this means there’s a problem with the hub? Throwing more hubs at it hasn’t worked at all.