cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IP is blacklisted

crkm51
On our wavelength

Hi

I cannot access a particular domain (Easily.uk) and a website I have hosted by Easily. Technical Support at Easily say this is because my IP is blacklisted and that I must contact Virginmedia to get the blacklist removed

MX Tools https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a80.6.112.212&run=toolpage

tells me the IP address is blacklisted by Barracuda, SORBS DUHL, Spamhaus ZEN.

I am having no problem accessing any other site on the internet. I am having no problem with email.

Please advise

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christie Marrian

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Only the usual numbers ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

I’m really struggling to work out exactly what’s actually going on here, because someone has got things really wrong!

Firstly the three lists, the SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN lists are entire ranges of dynamic IP addresses owned and leased out by VM, my IP address are on those lists as if every single VM customer - as they should be. There was no ‘issue’ back in 2008, that’ll be when VM assigned the entire IP range as usable by their customers and hence it would have been listed as dynamic addresses.

That being said, I can access Easily’s website and your Real Tennis website so evidently inclusion on those lists don’t block anything.

The Barracuda list, I’m not on, but just like the other two, it is intended for Spam filtering, if you see emails coming from those addresses, they are probably a bit dodgy and should be blocked - not for anything else.

Your IP address (which you inadvertently exposed in your opening post) is on the Barracuda list for ‘poor reputation’ - fine, again this is intended for blocking known or suspected spam sources.

So I can see two options

a) For some reason Easily are using the Barracuda list to block you - which is frankly daft but you can request a delisting your self which even if you end up getting listed again, should give you sufficient time to get your data out.

or 

b) Easily have blocked you for some other reason and they are just giving you an excuse that you are on these blacklists.

Personally my money’s on b)

Other than the Barracuda list, you should be on these lists and absolutely won’t be taken off of them, even if VM were to request it (and they won’t), it would be politely declined.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

76 REPLIES 76

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Go to >> THIS << webpage and see what is says.

Post the report back here.

ENSURE that you don't include any personal information.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

crkm51
On our wavelength

The IP Address xxx.xx.xx.xx did not receive a bad risk score.

Anonymous
Not applicable
remove your IP address form the post

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

@crkm51 wrote:

The IP Address 80.X.YYY.ZZZ did not receive a bad risk score.

You need to contact the websites that you have been blocked from and ...

1. Ask them why they have blocked you.

2. Remove the block.

crkm51
On our wavelength

The last E-mail from Easily.uk technical support is copied below

Hi,

The ticket # 5292857 that was submitted for curtc.net, regarding your portal access related issue, has returned from our investigation.

Please be informed that during our testing we were able to login to your portal without any issues (https://portal.easily.uk/portal/). Also, during our investigation, we have determined that the IP address you are attempting to login with (xx.xx.xx.xx) is present on several blacklists.

Please refer to the following link: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3axx.xx.xx.xx&run=toolpage

In order to resolve the issue, contact your Internet Service Provider and request that they remove your IP from blacklists and improve its reputation. Once it is done, the issue will be resolved. 

We have now closed the ticket in regard to this matter. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to continue working with you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards, 

Technical Support Team
Easily.uk

crkm51
On our wavelength

Post edited to clarify...

So Easily tell me to contact Virgin Media (I have spoken to Easily on numerous occasions and they say it is the blacklist not their problem)

and

The advise from the Virgin Media forum is for me to contact Easily....

I'm stuck

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Look at it this way.

If you want VM to take on the problem you have to find the department that looks after blacklisting and then wait for it to get to the front of the queue.

Or ...

You get onto Easily and ask the for the reason you have been blocked - you must have been blocked for a reason.

In the meantime it would be advisable to carry out deep anti virus checks on ALL the devices that use the internet connection.

My guess is that your IP address has a history of malware attempting to access websites.

crkm51
On our wavelength

Hi, Thanks for the help, apologies for thinking you were part of VM

Easily say my IP is blacklisted because of the results shown at MX Tools, ie  Barracuda, etc. They absolutely refuse to do anything about removing the blacklist. 

This has been going on since March. I'd move the site but I can't access the Easily portal to get a backup.

As I mentioned before, no other problems with anything else on the internet.

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

You need to find the reason that you have been blacklisted.

It is not a VM problem.

I suppose you could liken the problem to getting a traffic offence summons with no details on it, you wouldn't go to the car dealership to sort it out.