cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hub 3 has red light!

Starkn93
Joining in

Hi,

my hub 3 is in modem mode and is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light.

It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space with well ventilation!

Can someone help me?

36 REPLIES 36

Unfortunately i've tried reboot, factory reset and switching between modem & router. Light is constantly red. 

Hi,

I'm also getting a red light instead of amber (definitely red) at the front of our Hub 3 in the last few weeks when in modem mode.  Have reset back to standard mode and doesn't show red, goes green.  But need it in modem mode as have Mesh setup.   Around the same time this started, connections have been dropping daily.  Also can't access the admin page when its in modem mode (192.168.100.1) and pings to it timeout.  

Have spoken to Customer Services, and they are not willing to replace router as saying they don't support modem mode.  Have asked for it to be escalated higher, but never heard back.  Please can you guys help?

Seems a lot of people are having the same red light issues around the same time, has there been a update on the hub 3 to cause these issues?

Thanks

Hi Ash,

Just a quick update to let you know that the engineer changed my router and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

John

Anyone able to help with router red light, its still red and nothing has helped.

Hi @egorm thanks a lot for your reply, I'm sorry that things still aren't working for you.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into getting this replaced for you.

Please expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Anyone at VM able to help with my issues?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shaiboyuk

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issues, I am going to drop you a private message to collect some more details - please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks @travis_M Have sent you a private message back.

bantu1957
Tuning in

My hub get red light when in modem mode. Was magenta but now is constant red. I was told that it should be magenta and had this colour for only two days. Another issue with Hub 3 is that it seems dead every morning around 7am, showing green light and green WiFi symbol. This system was build on the 17th of this month. Not too early for issues?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bantu1957,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Hub at the moment!

When your Hub is in Modem Mode, the magenta light can look red sometimes. Are you seeing the Red Hub light when the Hub is in Router Mode?

I have been able to run some further checks on your at home connection and I cannot see any issues with your power levels at the moment. What issues are you experiencing with your connection?

Please let us know so we can help fruther.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs