cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hub 3 has red light!

Starkn93
Joining in

Hi,

my hub 3 is in modem mode and is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light.

It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space with well ventilation!

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for replying to my private message @Starkn93. I'm glad that we could get a technician appointment booked for you. Please do keep us posted on how everything is working for you following the technician visit 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

36 REPLIES 36

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Starkn93 wrote:

Hi,

my hub 3 is in modem mode and is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light.

It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space with well ventilation!

Can someone help me?

Modem mode = Magenta, which can appear red.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If it's in modem mode then that's normal.  Technically the colour is supposed to be "magenta", but as the LED package is a cheap and short life affair, the blue output of the RGB diode package fades and the resultant attempt at magenta looks red.  If you're worried, flick back to router mode, see what colour it is when it comes back on line.  White through to light orange are acceptable. 

Sometimes when I touch it's feels hot!

received_976569406273909.jpeg

Will try to change to router mode..

Just on router mode wifi keeps disconecting all the time from my devices((((

@Starkn93 wrote:

Sometimes when I touch it's feels hot!

received_976569406273909.jpeg

Magenta.

Anyway will turn off overnight. I saw in some topics that if its hot , then it could burn!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Starkn93,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing some issues with your Hub and that it is hot to the touch! 

Can you confirm if your base LED Hub light is still showing as red when you switch your Hub to Router Mode?

Is your Hub placed in an open and well-ventilated area, so overheating is not caused by the area in which the Hub is kept?

Please let us know so we can help.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi ,

I switched it today to router mode and it shows same red light(( .

It's well ventilated in a open space!

Don't know why..

Hi , @Paulina_Z

Can you please help me with this?