cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5G wifi has disapeared?

mikespeak24
Tuning in

I have noticed that the 5G wifi connection from my hub 3.0 is unavailable on all wireless devices in my home, only the 2G and the 2Gextender are available to connect too?

I have logged into the hub and both 2.4 & 5ghz wireless frequencies are enabled and available.
I have always had both 2G & 5G available and we use both. I recently had issues and spoke with a lady in a call centre who ran checks on my hub. I believe that this is when we lost the 5G wifi.

Something similar happened a while back, the hub was reset and my wifi (speakman_2G & speakman_5G) reset to default names and all our devices lost connection.
 I have checked the hub and both wifi channels are still named correctly and are both enabled. i even disabled the 5G, saved and then enabled and saved again but no joy.
 Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Mike Speakman.

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I am confused.....

Do you actually want the two bands to have their own SSID's so you can select the band each device uses - or do you want them combined into one SSID and so let the Hub's intelligent (sic) wifi do the selection for you?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.