cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Dropouts Hub4

SH3user
Superfast

We have been experiencing multiple dropouts this morning and I am monitoring our network. I noticed that when I tried to log into my Hub4 with my set password I could not get in. The password at the moment has reverted back to the factory password but I have not carried out a factory reset. Has anyone experienced a password reset? Is this a known issue?

9 REPLIES 9

lotharmat
Community elder
SOunds like a firmware bug - Apparently this can happen!

At this point; I'd suggest a factory reset of the hub:

Unplug all ethernet cables

With the power on and the co-ax connected; press and hold the reset switch with a paperclip or sim removal tool for at least 60 seconds.

Allow 10 minutes to reboot, reset and stabilise

Then log in and re-configure passwords etc.

VM hubs are decent enough modems but as far as routers go they are flakier than a dandruff convention!

I would look at getting your own router and using the hub in modem only mode - It save my and many others' sanity!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I run in modem mode with a ASUS RT-AC3200. Monitoring BQM at the moment but no errors in the Hub4 network log since 18th Sep but I had an error in the router log saying there is a problem with the ISP DHCP. I do suspect the Hub4/VM is the issue as I never had any issues with the Hub3. I will perform full factory reset/configuration later today and monitor from a clean reset and post the results.

Awesome - I'm in modem mode and get loads of the DHCP renew warnings too !

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi SH3user

Just a quick message to see if the issues raised in your original post regarding drop outs has eased since your post?

I've had a quick look and all of the specs and ranges for your connection are within the ranges and levels we'd expect to see.

Let us know how things have been 🙂

Rob

I did a factory reset last night and all seems OK at the moment although usage has been low today. The BQM shows no red. I will continue to monitor the BQM but the dropouts have been a major issue as my partner is working from home and it tends to happen during their video team meetings. U/L and D/L speeds are fine at around 100MB and 10MB.

h4.PNG

Can anyone shed light on this graph. None was using the internet from 00:00 to 07:00 and the equipment was continuously switched on.

Thanks for your post @SH3user, and sorry to see the dropped packets in the early ours of Friday morning.

We don't appear to have any area outages currently open, how has the service been over the course of the weekend? Are there any updated BQMs for us to look at?

Are you currently operating in Modem mode, or remained in Router mode?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you for your reply. There have been no dropouts since the factory resets. Sat, Sun and Mon were all ok while running in Modem mode as usual. Please find below todays BQM.

drop4.PNG

Hi @SH3user,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that the factory resets have helped and that these service issues now appear to be resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!