cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

161 REPLIES 161

Hey there @frank_morley,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community Forums 😊

I can see your looking at moving your router to a new room, I can also see that you are aware for non fault appointments we do charge a fee of £25.

Having checked into our system I can see you have spoken to one of our team. May I ask if my colleague was able to help you book this in?

Hope to hear back soon, Joe

Hello, been thinking about doing this for years to move the router, how do I ask Virgin to do this please? 

many thanks 

@Diziet_Sma wrote:

Hello, been thinking about doing this for years to move the router, how do I ask Virgin to do this please? 

many thanks 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/Setup

Hi Carl

thanks for your reply. I have done all those things through the link you sent over the years.

that conclusion I have come to is that the home set up is wrong for our needs now so I would like an engineer to come to change the router from upstairs to down stairs. Do I just call 150? 

@Diziet_Sma wrote:

Hi Carl

thanks for your reply. I have done all those things through the link you sent over the years.

that conclusion I have come to is that the home set up is wrong for our needs now so I would like an engineer to come to change the router from upstairs to down stairs. Do I just call 150? 

The link is to create your own thread to report it to VM via this community.

mja2712
Joining in

Hi, 

I also have a Virgin Media router which I would like to relocate to a different area of my house, 

Many thanks, 

Matt

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mja2712, thanks for reaching out on our forum page and welcome to the community.

We're eager to assist with this, please be advised that non-fault related visits from our engineers such as a relocation of your equipment can be arranged with a £25 charge on your next bill.

Please, let us know if you're happy for us to book you in and we're glad to help.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm happy to be booked in for this and pay the £25. 

Many thanks, 

Hi, 

Yes please, happy to be booked in, let me know how this happens. 

many thanks, 

Thanks for your reply @mja2712 I will certainly be happy to help get this booked for you.

To do this, I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules